Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Shining Friends

I am lucky to have good friends back in the U.S., and I also am happy to have made many friends at Harlaxton. I go for walks and watch movies (like Tangled and The Neverending Story) with Riley, Anna and Bill. Sarah helps braid my hair and she shared her favorite book with me that I am now reading (Inkheart). I also like to laugh with Craig, Jack, Christy, Jordan, Dex and Eric and some others. It is great having friends here in the UK. I also have many friends that are the faculty children, like Maddie and Laith. Some of us played a baseball game out on the Harlaxton College pitch the other day, and I have a photo of that. I also got a chance to make British friends through my Brownies troop. I do miss my friends back at home, but I enjoy having new ones here very much! I will miss England, and I will miss working in the library. I have been scanning books and the noise it makes is so comforting to me. Just the beeping makes me smile. I also create infos for students and faculty when they have overdue books and to remind them to please keep quiet in the Library in case they get rowdy! Linda is the librarian and she lets me come up with whatever project I want. I don't have ability to work in that Library again, and I already miss her. The last surprise in Europe before we head home was that I got to see Mama Mia (Muma Mia!) in London. The musical had so many funny details. I love the sheep in England, the shows, the horses we see and pet when we're walking on the footpaths and the people. It is now time to get home and hug the other shining friends and people I love.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Layla, we miss you in the Library at Harlaxton!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete