Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Monday, April 9, 2012

Stratford-upon-Avon

We went to Stratford-upon-Avon! Stratford-upon-Avon is not only where Shakespeare was born, but he grew up there and was there when he was an adult. I got to see the home where he was born. William Shakespeare was a playwriter. My mum has been explaining lines from Shakespeare and certain plays to me and my brother, and our first night in Stratford-upon-Avon we went to the Royal Shakespeare Theatre and saw Twelfth Night. It was so cool. The people that were acting came out of real water because the play starts off with a shipwreck! My favorite characters were Sir Andrew, Sir Toby, Malvolio, Feste and Viola. Sir Andrew, Sir Toby and Malvolio were really goofy and made me start to burst out laughing. I liked Feste because he did some good things in the play, but my favorite part about him was when he sang (especially the tune of “with a hey ho the wind and the rain”). I liked Viola because she made the whole entire play go into a big mess because she dressed up exactly like her identical brother and caused lots of confusion. The play was fantastic! For Easter Sunday we went to Holy Trinity Church where Shakespeare was baptized, went to church and was buried. We even got to see his grave. Shakespeare created 39 plays, including Hamlet, Macbeth, Romeo and Juliet, and Julius Caesar. At the River Avon, there are a lot of boats. There is even an ice cream boat! 

2 comments:

  1. Neat Layla!! The house looks cool. I see you and Brock in front of the house. The windows look sort of shartted fromhere,wich maces it look cool.


    Your friend Alayna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alayna. Isn't it so neat that William Shakespeare, an amazing playwriter, lived there? Did you know that you can click on the pictures and it will make it much bigger? Then you can see the windows better. The house was even larger than I expected it to be. The house was on a street with a big market that had different stalls that sold lots of different things. One even sold wooden ducks since there are so many ducks and swans swimming on the River Avon. I saw one silly swan trying to get around a lock that was keeping the boats in, but the swan just kept staring at the lock because it wasn't sure what to do. The ducks and swans were pretty.
      Love,
      Layla

      Delete