Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Costume Ball

At Harlaxton Manor on Saturday night there was a fun time where a whole bunch of college students and faculty came out in super funny or traditional costumes. I dressed up as Rapunzel, my mum dressed up as a hippie and Brock dressed up as a Gladiator. My costume was bright purple and I had an extra maybe 5 inches of blonde hair. My mum’s costume was super fun. She had a little handbag with a peace sign on it, a really fun headband that went around your head in a circle, a fun shawl, sunglasses with a peace sign in front of each shade and rainbow pants! My brother’s costume had a cape, headpiece, shin guard type things that had spikes on it and armbands. Some of the college students had these costumes: a cat, Tommy Pickles, dinosaur, Japanese Girls, Caveman, a group of Coca-Cola cans, the Blue Man Group, a cowboy, people with masks and many more fun things. When we danced to the music the lights were pitch black and the DJ made it so that the room (the Great Hall) was flickering with colorful spots. It was super fun.

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What neat costume ideas! I bet you had fun with all of that extra long hair! I have a good image of your mom as a "hippie"!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete