Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Grantham

Since Grantham is so close to Harlaxton Village, Brock, mum and I end up visiting it quite some amount of time. Isaac Newton is famous in Grantham because he went to school there as a boy! The school he went to is called “Kings” and still gets taught in. Margaret Thatcher was also famous from Grantham but in a different way. She was born in Grantham and ended up as a Prime Minister of the U.K. from 1979 to 1990. In Grantham mummy signed me up for a really cool clay making session. I am so glad that my wonderful mum did it! I made some really cool stuff and so did Brock. Brock made a clay Messi (a really great Barcelona player) with a soccer ball! The place we went to is called the Guildhall Arts Centre. Here is a photo we took of the Isaac Newton statue with the Guildhall behind it. What fun!

5 comments:

  1. I used to work in the Library at The King's School, Layla, and Isaac Newton has scratched his name on the window sill in the Old School Building. Make sure you visit Woolsthorpe Manor too - Isaac Newton's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super cool. Thanks for telling me. I think that this weekend we might visit Isaac Newton's house. I enjoyed doing Spain culture week with you.

      Delete
  2. I am so excited that you got to take a clay class... I have been doing pottery classes for a while and love working with it. I can't wait to see what you made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet that is fun to take pottery classes! I made a bowl and a kitten bed.

      Delete
  3. Wow Isaac Newton! Cant believe it Layla. He was a great scientist that explained gravity and the laws of motion.

    ReplyDelete