Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Horses and Denton

Neiggggghhhhhhhhhh! We are in the English countryside! There are many farms in the countryside and the farm that I am talking about is not that bad of a walking distance. There are a lot of horses in it too. There is a really neat and shaggy horse that I think is the cutest thing. I have named him Mr. Shagball, and there are others too! There are a mummy and baby and the mummy is silk cream with a touch of brown (I have named her Cream Clover) and she loves it when you pet her. The baby has rough brown skin with a touch of cream and nips at our coats (I have named him Night Bite). Through our walk we went to Denton Reservoir inside of Denton, a very quaint town next to Harlaxton. Denton Reservoir is a beautiful lake and we think we might even have a picnic there. When we reached the townish part of Denton we went to collect sheep wool. It was so cool!

5 comments:

  1. Layla!!!! I love your blog!! Even though we are sharing the same home (so to speak) your view of our home is very interesting and lovely to read about. I am enjoying reading your posts to Laith. He shared your enthusiasm for the London Eye and he believes it is the best ferris wheel he has ever ridden (Texas has one of the largest ferris wheels). I hope you will take us to see the horses. I especially like the name "nightBite"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marnie. I agree with Laith, it is a pretty cool ferris weel and I had no clue that Texas has one of the largest ferris weels!
      Changing subject, I had so much fun with you on the bird expedition. I learned some fun facts! The Blue Tit and the Great Tit were so neat to look at on the windowsill.

      Delete
  2. You certainly are creative in naming your horses!
    The love shows with your sweet names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! They are so fun to name! Cream Clover is super calm so I like to pet her a lot. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just double checked my facts and the Texas State Fair (in Dallas) actually hosts the largest ferris wheel in all of North America :0) Though I will ride the London Eye over the Texas Star any day!
    Texas has this habit of always striving to be the biggest in everything, but biggest does not mean best :0)
    I had so much fun with you and Brock too Layla! I am so glad I could share my favorite hobby with you. Today I saw some unusual geese (migrating) near the duck pond and I wished you and Brock were there with me to see them!
    Laith and I are free Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this week if you would like to plan something together.

    ReplyDelete