Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Billy Elliot and Camden Market

We went into London. It was so much fun. We saw the musical, Billy Elliot. It was the best one of all time, or at least to me! Billy Elliot is about a boy who is around 12 and has lost his mum and wants to dance, but the rest of the Irish that he lives with won’t let him. That includes his family and other people in the village. One of my favorite lines was when he and his ballet teacher were talking about his mum and the ballet teacher said to Billy, “She must have been very special” and Billy Elliot said, “No. She was just my mum.” It was one of my favorite lines because Billy loved his mum very dearly and missed her. The music and dancing was something I had never seen before. In one part Billy jumped off a wall and did a back flip. My favorite song from the musical is called "Electricity". The song is about Billy trying to explain what it feels like to dance. In London we also went to Camden Market. It is the biggest market in the world. I can see why. The reason, there are 1000 stalls! Mum’s Day in Britain is on March 18, which was yesterday. My Mum keeps on teasing because she will get celebrated twice this year. Brock got her a ring from one of the Camden Market stalls and I got her some fun clothing that has lots of British Flags on it. Mum had to give Brock and me most of the money but she said the gifts were special since we picked the stuff out and we spent the day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment