Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Book Fun

I decided it would be nice to get some people out on such a great day and enjoy talking about books and reading books. The reason I am saying “great” day is because it felt like 80 degrees! The first two things we did were set out blankets and all of the people that were a part of the group ate homemade cookies that were fresh from the oven, mushy and made specially from my mum. The next two things we did were writing our own little books and talk about each other’s favorite authors, books and why they are our favorite books. I learned that Riley likes The Twilight Sagas. I learned that Julie likes Chocolat because she likes the descriptions of the small chocolate shop in a village in France. I learned that Nancy likes Junie B. Jones and it reminds her of the students she has taught in the last 29 years. Brock likes the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. My mum likes a Hemingway book called The Sun Also Rises and a book called A Separate Peace by John Knowles. I like Charlotte’s Web that I read with my mum, Treasure Island that I read with my class and the Grandma’s Attic series that my Grammy got me. After we talked about books, we played a matching game. The things you had to match were the author and a book they wrote. We had things like Jules Vernes and you had to match him with 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. You also had to match Rick Riordian with Percy Jackson and Barbara Park with Junie B Jones. There were other matches too. We also read books, and some people drew flip books. Poem made one with a sheep. We had so much great fun. I might do another book picnic again someday.

3 comments:

  1. This was fun Layla, we will have to do it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Layla....Good books, conversation and your Mum's chocolate
    chip cookies -- what a wonderful idea for a sunny afternoon.
    Wish I had been a mouse to take it all in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat way to spend a beautiful day....great idea!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete