Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eiffel Tower

We saw the Eiffel Tower! It is so gorgeous and I have never seen such architecture before. We visited the Eiffel Tower in 2008 but the beauty never changes in it. The Eiffel Tower was built in 1887-1889 and is dark brown. It gets painted every 7 years. It takes 60 tons of paint to paint the full Tower and has eight elevators! The Eiffel Tower’s nickname is La Dam de fer, which means the Iron Lady. We even went to the tip top. It was a blast. It was super cold and windy but the view was worth it. I hope you like the video.

9 comments:

  1. Dear Layla,
    That was awesome! It looks like raining marshmallows. You are lucky to do that. I miss you.

    Love,
    Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny, Sinclair. I agree. It does look like raining marshmallows. It was also a little like a million shooting stars. I miss you too!

      Delete
  2. This video of the Eiffel Tower is gorgeous - also, since you
    know a bit of German, I will look forward to your singing out
    of your great, great grandmother's hymnbook from 1890.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so interesting, Grammy! It will be neat to see. I know a few colors, numbers and words in German. I got your card in the mail today, and it means so much.

      Delete
  3. To see the Eiffel Tower at night is beautiful! I remember it was very windy the day we went up in it also. You must not be afraid of heights. I wonder how long it takes to paint it?? Is there a large ferris wheel closeby??

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was windy for our trip and windy for yours! I didn't see a Ferris wheel, but there is a carousel right by it. I didn't ride it this time, but last time in 2008 it was great fun.

      Delete
  4. Layla,

    Our Spring Break is coming up soon, and we are going to Washington DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore, and New York. We are going to drive and try to see a lot in a week. Are your friends still visiting with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our friends left this morning when my mum went to teach her class. I hope you have a whole bunch of fun on your trip. Whenever I went to New York, I went to New York City and Niagara Falls. Are you going to the waterfall?

      Delete
    2. I don't know. My dad always tries to do a lot on vacations. I will ask him. We are going to New York City, but only for a couple of days. I will tell you about it when we get back.

      Delete