Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lincoln

For the last day the Lothamers were here we went to Lincoln. It is about 1 hour away, so we took a train there. For lunch we ate at “The Slug and Lettuce”. I had a hamburger and “Buttery Mash”! One of the spots we hit was Lincoln Cathedral. There is a castle about a few hundred footsteps across from the cathedral. William the Conqueror had the castle built. At the castle there is a hawk that you can see. Back to the cathedral. Along the walls there was stained glass. It was super cool. On the ceiling there were lots of zig-zags. The reason for this was that the builders thought it was going to fall so they put support on it. One of our friends (the one who made the quilt with me) lit a candle for Papa there a week ago and we did the same yesterday. Lincoln has a huge, steep hill that won the best UK street award last year. You have to walk all the way up the hill to get to the cathedral and castle. That night we went to a humongous bonfire back at Harlaxton Manor. We had s’mores. What an awesome day!

2 comments:

  1. Cool! It looks like they did not worry about supports! All the stuff they put on is pretty.

    From,
    Calvin

    ReplyDelete