Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Brownies


Last night I went to Brownies. It was super fun. I thought about Maya, Hannah, Alisha, Emma, Irene, Sinclair, Sloane, Naina, Maddy and Lucy who are in my Troop 41 back home. Whenever I met the Guide, I thought about Ms. Rosen. The girls here were really nice and we made elephants out of yarn and paper. The yarn is the tail of the elephant. Whenever we do a good deed we put a knot in the tail. My Troop 41 has a Brownie pledge but it is a little different here. In the UK it goes like this. I promise that I will do my best to love my God, to serve the Queen and my country, to help other people and to keep the Brownie guide law.

6 comments:

  1. Very interesting about the Girl Scout promise - wonder what it is like in other countries. What a nice way to meet some new friends in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Layla, I'm SO excited that you found a Brownie troop! Yay!! We missed you on Thursday (our first meeting of 2012).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It is very neat here. They wear sashes instead of vests. We didn't sing the Brownie Smile song like we do in Troop 41. That is a fun song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Layla,
    So glad you are involved in Brownies and having such a wonderful time. I miss you though.
    Love you,
    Papa (big mouth frog)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Papa. I bet everyone would laugh if you said your big mouth frog joke at Brownies. It's no doubt my favorite joke.

      Delete
  5. I used to be a brownie when I was your age! You look super cute with your sash,I'm so proud and miss you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete