Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Crags and The Witchery

On New Years Day I went to the crags. The crags are rocks that used to be a volcano. The volcano is extinct. We could see miles away from high up on the crags. We could see Edinburgh Castle and the rook shaped part of it. The crags are much higher than the buildings we would think are very tall. There were some really neat rocks as we climbed. One had a very pointy tip with other rocks growing right in front of it. We also went to The Witchery. It is by the Edinburgh Castle on the Royal Mile. The Witchery is a very fancy restaurant. It has wood walls and ceilings with carving on them. There are two parts to the restaurant. One part is called the Secret Garden that I went to three years go. The part I went to this time is called The Witchery. I had scallops, mashed potatoes, bread, carrots and broccoli and for dessert I had chocolate torte and pistachio ice cream. Now don’t think The Witchery has witches but I will say that whenever I went three years ago I wondered if I would see them! The picture I chose with this post is one we took of the crags with our camera when I was here the last time. It is one of my favorite pictures.

6 comments:

  1. Cool, Layla! We just started reading your blog in class this morning. I'm typing this from circle right now! We would love to go to the Crags some day. We talked about how nicely composed your photo was, and I told the kids how to leave comments about your blog posts. Expect a million of them! Have fun...
    Mr. R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Layla! Your videos and photos are so awesome! There are 3 new things in our class room,1 the bug box is finally done,2 there is are new animals on the animal cabinet and 3, we got a new math game called, Instructure. Have an awesome time in Europe!
    from Max

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you got the bug box done. Can you sometime send me a picture of it? How is the wooden bug going? Thank you so much for coming on to my blog. I miss seeing you in school. What kind of books are you reading in silent reading? How is Nairobi doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you get to the top of the crags? Could you drive up there, or did you have to climb?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Layla,
    You mack some pretty cool blog post.
    The pictures are amazing.
    I miss you so much.

    Love,
    Sinclair

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crags are high and steep to climb. You want some good tennis shoes to wear if you really want to climb well. Otherwise it might feel like you're falling off the Pilgrim's Plundge at Holiday World! With love and misses of good friends, Layla

    ReplyDelete