Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Matilda and Chalk Countries

Yesterday we went to London to see “Matilda” the musical. The headmistress’s name is Miss Trunchbull. She is like a bull in the crazy way. Miss Trunchbull is head of a spooky school that tortures students. During the part where they (the children) had to do front flips during P.E., Miss Trunchbull decided to do one too! The musical came from the book “Matilda” by Roald Dahl. I really like both the book and the musical. Matilda is a girl that learned how to read and spell quickly when she was very young. Her family are people that just care about their telly. Telly is what the UK calls television. Her parents cheat to get money. Matilda is much smarter than her family and much, much nicer. Whenever we went out on our way to “Matilda” we saw a guy at Trafalgar Square drawing flags with chalk of all the different countries. You put a coin on the one you were from. So I put one on the U.S.A.

2 comments:

  1. That musical sounds like a very fun one - with lots of laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love the Matilda movie and book - I am sure the musical would be a lot of fun to watch. The flag chalk drawings look really neat - maybe a project for the Montessori elementary class?

    ReplyDelete