Thanks for coming to see me (Layla Leigh) on my blog. I hope you like it. I will write about my four months in Europe.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Stonehenge

We went to Stonehenge this weekend. Stonehenge is a place where there are tons of stones that are harder than ground. The largest sarsen at Stonehenge is about 45 tons! It was created about 5,000 years ago. Around the edge of Stonehenge researchers would dig and try to find clues of why it was built. It is some kind of temple. In between what the researchers thought were outlines of old houses, they found bones and bits of pig and cow. Nowadays Stonehenge sits on a triangle land that is surrounded by busy roads. We had to go under a tunnel on one side of the road where we parked to get to the other side where Stonehenge was. Researchers are still studying and trying to find things that the ancient people would have used to move the giant stones. We walked around and took pictures. Right as we were leaving it started to pour down rain.

5 comments:

  1. I love Stonehenge! I hope I can see it again some day :) I hope you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat that you got to see it. Maybe sometime you can bring Hannah. I bet the time you were there it was just as pretty as when I was there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Layla! I cant believe you got to see Stonehenge!

    From: The class:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted you guys to see it with me and I tried to skype you so it felt like you were there with me. I tried to do it at circle time for you which is 3 p.m. for me. I will try again another day. Tell Nairobi not to get a messy carrot beak!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did not skype because Mr.R did not have skype on.You can skype right now if you want.Nairobi does not have a carrot beak.

    From:
    The Class

    ReplyDelete